Catalogue Number: 200214
ISBN Number: 1-55740-531-X
Producer: Learning Seed
Subject: Early Childhood Education
Grade Level: 9 - 12, Post Secondary
Country Of Origin: U.S.
Copyright Year: 2008
Running Time: 28
Closed Captions: Yes
This program provides an informative, clear and compelling examination of the middle-childhood stage of development and a detailed overview of a child's growth and maturity into an adolescent. Viewers learn pertinent vocabulary, statistics, and classroom strategies, and hear experienced classroom teachers offer insights and observations about children in this stage of development.
- Key elements affecting growth in middle childhood.
- Physical, cognitive, social and emotional developments.
- Gross- and fine-motor milstones.
- Effects of obesity and accidental injuries.
- Characteristics of concrete operational thinking.
- Advancements in language development.
- Measurements of intelligence.
- Differences between self-concept and self-esteem.
- Factors that impract moral development.
- Effects of divorce and self-care situations.
- Strategies for helping children with challenging conditions.
Middle Childhood: Physical Growth & DevelopmentMagna Systems 520156
Between ages 6 and 12 children's bodies grow and mature in significant ways. They gain body...
Middle Childhood: Cognitive & Language DevelopmentMagna Systems 520157
Between ages 6 and 12, children's minds expand in knowledge and understanding as their thinking...
Middle Childhood: Social & Emotional DevelopmentMagna Systems 520158
Between ages 6 and 12, children develop many of the social skills they'll use through adulthood...