Perception: The Art of Seeing
Catalogue Number: 200320
Producer: Learning Seed
Subject: Business Studies, Consumer Studies, Family Studies/Home Economics, Marketing
Grade Level: 9 - 12, Post Secondary, Adult
Country Of Origin: U.S.
Copyright Year: 1997
Running Time: 24:00
Closed Captions: Yes
How can two people see the same event and make completely opposite judgments about it? Do you think we see the world in much the same way as a camera?
This video contends that we don't simply record what we see, we create it by the act of perception.
Discover how a frame can completely change the meaning of what it contains -- whether that frame be a marriage or a work of art. Learn how we tend to fill-in-the-blanks to create a complete picture when pieces are missing.
- Why our need to group objects together creates problems from prejudice to war.
- How we make value judgements based on mis-perception.
- How putting a "frame" around a thing or event can completely change its meaning.
- How our sensory system is also a censoring system.
- Why we see what we believe instead of believing what we see.
- How the "rule of proximity" influences decisions.
A Telly Award winning video.
Buying Into Brand Marketing: How Marketing Shapes PerceptionLearning Seed 200305
Hundreds of our daily decisions are influenced by brand marketing. Discover what a brand is and how...