Wacky Number Songs
Catalogue Number: APT497
Producer: Apartment 11
Subject: Arts, Character Education, Early Childhood Education, Mathematics, Music, Science, Study Skills
Grade Level: PreK - 2, 3 - 5
Country Of Origin: Canada
Copyright Year: 2021
Running Time: 80:00
Wacky Number Songs is a series of songs about math-related concepts. Performed by Ava, each song is a zany, fun-filled number that explores numbers and math concepts from all angles! Based on the Ontario curriculum, the songs inspire kids to see math all around us – from the kitchen to the soccer field – all while singing along to the catchiest, coolest tunes.
Collection includes 40 songs, approx. 2 minutes each:
- Money, Money, Money! (Saving Money) - Ava keeps track of her money by deciding how much to spend, save, or donate!
- Happy Fact Family (Number Facts) - Numbers have families too! Ava sings about Fact Families.
- How to Defeat a Math Troll (Math Tables) - Learning math tables by heart makes solving calculations easy.
- Equality’s the Name of the Game! (The Equal Sign) - Equality’s the name of the game! Ava sings a duet about keeping things equal.
- Break it Up! (Distributive Property) - How do you accomplish a really big task? By breaking it down into smaller, easier pieces. It’s the same with math!
- Friendly Number 10 (Rounding Numbers Up to 10) - Learning how to round numbers up to 10 can make solving big calculations much easier.
- All Down the Number Line (Number Line) - Sing along with Ava as she hops onto a number line – jump right to add and left to subtract!
- Tally Up! (Learn How to Count Using Tally Marks) - Tally up! Ava learns how count by fives using tally marks.
- The Zero Effect (The Number Zero) - Need to multiply a number by 10? By 100? Zero the Hero is at your service!
- A Slice is a Fraction (Fractions) - Ava uses slices of pizza to illustrate her song about fractions.
- That’s Odd! (Even and Odd Numbers) - Uh oh. Ava has an odd number of socks! Ava sings about the difference between even and odd numbers.
- Math Explorer (History of Numbers) - Did numbers always look the way they do now? Ava explores the history of numbers from around the world.
- Skip to It! (Skip Counting) - 5, 10, 15, 20! Ava learns how to count to really high numbers as fast as she can by skip counting.
- A Step in the Right Direction (Directions) - Ava is on the hunt for buried pirate treasure. Luckily, she has a map and compass to get her pointed in the right direction!
- Four Sides Forever (Quadrilaterals) - Ava introduces us to four kinds of quadrilaterals in this catchy song.
- Picture This! (Solving Tangrams) - Ava got a new tangram puzzle and she wrote a song about it!
- What’s Your Angle? (Angles) - Ava just got a new protractor and she’s going to measure every angle she can find!
- Gone, Gone, Polygons (Polygons) - Ava explores what makes a polygon, a polygon. She wrote a song about it!
- Shifting Shapes (Changing Shapes) - What happens when you change the shape of a shape?
- The Importance of Struggling (How Struggling with a Problem Helps You Learn) - Ava is having a really hard time with her math homework today – it’s a real struggle.
- Attention to Dimension (2D vs. 2D) - Attention to dimension! Ava is going to build the best fort ever!
- Mirror Mirror (Symmetry) - Ava cuts a snowflake out of folded paper and sings a song about three types of symmetry.
- What Measures What (Appropriate Measuring Tools) - There are many tools that can be used to measure the size, length, or amount of something!
- The Ruler of All I Survey (The Ruler) - Queen Ava explores a variety of tools to measure really small things and really big things!
- Heavy Duty (The Scale) - Ava uses a scale to compare the mass of different objects, from feathers to a watermelon!
- More of Less (Greater Than the Less Than) - Symbols are shortcuts and are quicker than writing words. Ava shows us some cool tricks to help remember which symbol to use when comparing the value of numbers.
- How Much Will It Hold? (Capacity) - Ava measures how much different containers can hold by figuring out their capacity, all while singing a groovy song!
- Time Flies! (Basic Units of Time) - Hang on one second! Ava sings a song about the basic units of time.
- The Estimator! (Non-Standard Units of Measurement) - Ava estimates the size of different objects using non-standard units like steps, paperclips and even teddy bears!
- What Are the Chances? (Probability) - Chances are it will be impossible not to tap your feet during Ava’s song about probability!
- What Do They Have in Common? (Sorting by Categories) - Ava creates a Venn diagram with different categories to help her class choose a new pet!
- Cash Grab $200 (Ways to add up to $200) - Twenty tens, ten twenties - there are so many ways to add up to $200!
- Get the Big Picture! (Bar Graphs) - Ava makes bar graphs to compare her friends’ pets, favourite colours, and more!
- IF and THEN (The If and Then Conditional) - Ava made a computer game! IF you like her song about it THEN sing along!
- Hey! That’s a Pattern! (Patterning) - Look around, patterns are everywhere!
- Survey Says! (Surveys) - You can do a survey with any kind of question you want and use a chart to compare the results. Try it out with Ava!
- It’s Everywhere! (Math is Everywhere) - Ava takes a walk around the neighbourhood, pointing out all the ways we use math in everyday life.
- Score! (Math in Sports) - Ava explores the many ways we use math on the field, in the pool, and more!
- Keeping the Beat! (Math in Music) - Math and music are an awesome twosome. They work together in the coolest ways!
- Mmm Mmm Math! (Kitchen Math) - When you’re in the kitchen, don’t forget the most important ingredient – math!
Wacky Word SongsApartment 11 APT202
WACKY WORD SONGS! is an educational series of 40 song-based episodes about language related...
The Wacky Word Show SeriesApartment 11 APT188
A wonderful NEW Canadian-produced 13-part series that addresses multiple areas of the curriculum...
Look Kool (Season 1)Apartment 11 APT091
LOOK KOOL uses songs, skits, and wacky challenges to help our host, Hamza, and his mischievous...
Odd Squad Series TwoSinking Ship Entertainment SSE044
Join agents from odd squad in this extremely entertaining, humurous and intelligent show that makes...
Odd Squad: The MovieSinking Ship Entertainment SSE081
When a group of adults run Odd Squad out of business, the agents are forced to become regular kids...