Halifax: Aboriginal Day Live 2017
Catalogue Number: AS0196
Producer: Animiki See Distribution Inc.
Producing Agencies: Media Rendezvous, Animiki See Productions, and Productions Rivard
Subject: Arts, Canadian History, Canadian Social Studies, First Nations Studies, History, Indigenous Issues, Indigenous Peoples, Music, Social Sciences, Social Studies
Grade Level: 6 - 8, 9 - 12, Post Secondary, Adult
Country Of Origin: Canada
Copyright Year: 2017
Running Time: 39:28
Located at the Sands at Salter on the Halifax NS waterfront, hosts Candy Palmater and Dave Jenniss introduce world famous artists to the stage.
- Don Amero is a singer-songwriter from Winnipeg, Manitoba. He is the first performer on Aboriginal Day Live in Halifax.
- Jeremy Dutcher is an incredibly gifted singer who has merged the classical sound of opera with the heartfelt melodies of his Wolastoq (Maliseet) Nation.
- Saali and the Ravenhearts perform together on the stage at Aboriginal Day Live. Saali is an Inuk singer-songwriter and multi-instrumentalist, and the Ravenhearts are a Francophone band from Montreal.
- Kathia Rock is a singer who takes inspiration from 'the father of Innu songs', Phillip Mckenzie. Her music blends contemporary music with traditional Innu songs.
- Tribe of One is a group of First Nation, Métis, French and English artists. Rick Leaf and Marie-Josée Dandeneau play over a dozen musical instruments between them. Their music is a fusion of instruments from indigenous cultures from all over the world with pow wow music and traditional hand drums layered over contemporary guitar and bass.
- Marianas Trench is a world-renowned, Juno award winning band from Vancouver, BC. On Aboriginal Day Live, they play some of their popular hits like "Who Do You Love."
The ABORIGINAL DAY LIVE 2017 SERIES features 8 episodes from 8 stages across Canada. For 15,000 years, the Aboriginal peoples of Turtle Island have gathered on this sacred day of the summer solstice to celebrate their culture, inspire their children and honor the wisdom of their elders. And this year people from every corner of the country celebrate National Aboriginal Day in the largest Aboriginal concert ever.
Aboriginal Day Live 2015Animiki See Distribution Inc. AS0188
The ABORIGINAL DAY LIVE 2015 REPACK highlights top performances from the live event featuring Don...
Aboriginal Day Live 2016Animiki See Distribution Inc. AS0189
The ABORIGINAL DAY LIVE 2016 repack is a compilation of the 2016 live stage featuring performances...
Harmony: Song & Celebration At The ForksFarpoint Films FAR003
Experience a musical tribute to Aboriginal culture and residential school survivors. Thousands...
Electric Pow Wow: A Tribe Called Red: W5CTV CTV706
If you're an indigenous person living in a country that was forcefully colonized, it's all too...
Buffy Sainte-Marie: A Multimedia LifeCineFocus CIN014
This inspiring biography chronicles the remarkable story of Aboriginal artist Buffy Sainte-Marie as...