Catalogue Number: MCI709
Producer: McIntyre Media Inc.
Subject: Canadian History, Canadian Social Studies, History, Holidays, Language Arts, Music, Religious Studies, Safety, Science, Social Sciences, Social Studies
Country Of Origin: Canada
Children love Halloween, but it's more than just going door-to-door collecting treats. Teach students about the history and science of Halloween in our Canadian production, Halloween: It's More Than Tricks and Treats. Your host Sena and her friends take students on a slightly eerie adventure where they'll learn about bats, black cats, witches, owls and Jack the Miser. You get a bonus Safety segment as well. In Fall Safety, your host Maggie examines school bus safety, schoolyard safety, trick-or-treating safety and farm safety.
The full length programs included in this Playlist are:
- Creepy Carrots (JK-5)
- Halloween: It's More Than Tricks and Treats (1-6)
- Fall Safety (K-6)
- Scaredy Squirrel at Night (JK-5)
- Terror in Doomsville (3-8)
- The Day of the Dead (JK-5)
- The Little Old lady Who was Not Afraid of Anything (JK-5)
- The Mystery of Behind the Mask: Mystery Files (Season 1) (3-8)
- The Witch and the Dragon (PreK-2)
Short segments included in this Playlist are:
- Baba Yaga: I'm a Monster Series - Flying around in her mortar, we are introduced to Baba Yaga, an old witch look-a-like from Russia. (2:00)
- Blackshuck: I'm a Monster Series - Ready for a night of haunting, we stumble across Blackshuck, a black hairy dog found in the British Isles. (2:00)
- Creepy Blanket: Koyaa Series - Halloween preparations are ready! Mr Raven is carving his final pumpkin while Koyaa is already in bed. (2:45)
- Ghost: I'm a Monster Series - Feel a chill in the air? Maybe you're about to meet a Ghost. (2:00)
- Headless Horseman: I'm a Monster Series - The Headless Horseman gallops his phantom horse through the Hudson Valley. (2:00)
- Witch: I'm a Monster Series - Sporting her signature black dress and pointy hat, meet the witch. (2:00)
Also includes 5 bonus clips from the Howdytoons Video Clip Collection:
- Five Little Pumpkins - These pumpkins are ready for some spooky fun! A lively rhyming pattern song tells the story of their antics on Halloween night. (1:36)
- I'm A Crazy Witch - "I'm a Crazy Witch, stirring up my brew; what will you give me to put in my stew?" A great cumulative pattern song to get you in the mood for Halloween. (2:00)
- I'm Dressing up for Halloween - Halloween is the spookiest night of the year. Five animated characters each choose very different costumes. (2:10)
- It's Hallowe'en! - Get ready for a scary time trick-or-treating with this spooky Halloween song by the Rock'n'Rainbow band. Artful animation shows what the characters see as they walk down the street and visit houses for Trick or Treat. (2:00)
- Walking in the Night - Halloween could be a scary time of year to go walking in the night! Bats and owls, lone wolf howls, and a witch's black cat might send you running back to your house. But you can pretend to be a ghost and scare the things you meet on your walk instead. (2:30)
Celebrate Spring PlaylistMCI772
Celebrate the magic of Spring in your classroom! This is a great playlist for getting your students...
Earth Day Playlist (4 Programs)McIntyre Media Inc. MCI705PL
This Canadian-produced playlist offers an excellent history of Earth Day plus loads of ideas for...
Celebrate Winter PlaylistMCI711PL
This is a great playlist for getting your primary and elementary students geared up for the winter...
Remembrance Day PlaylistMCI700PL
A completely Canadian-produced selection of titles suitable for your Grade 3-12 students. This...
A Season of Celebrations PlaylistMCI770PL
Click on the titles below to view the programs included in this Playlist: Chinese New Year Moon...