Ten Bad Things about Smoking & Tobacco You Probably Didn't Know
Catalogue Number: 600636
Producer: Human Relations Media
Subject: Guidance, Health and Medicine
Grade Level: 6 - 8, 9 - 12
Country Of Origin: U.S.
Copyright Year: 2014
Running Time: 17
Closed Captions: Yes
Kids know that tobacco use is harmful to their health, but they are stuck in the mindset that nothing bad will happen to them. This program offers teens ten reasons to change that dangerous mindset.
Here are the ten facts:
- Today's cigarettes are more lethal than ever before
- Nicotine is as addictive as cocaine and heroin
- Smoking causes type-2 diabetes
- Smoking causes eye disease and blindness
- Smoking hurts your chances of having a healthy baby
- Chewing tobacco causes cancers of the mouth and throat
- Second and third-hand smoke kills
- Tobacco causes serious environmental damage
- Smoking damages the immune system
- Why e-cigarettes are not the answer.
Consultants: David Whiteson, MD and Shobana Gupta, MD
Includes Resource Guide.
What's Up With E-Cigarettes?Human Relations Media 600629
E-cigarette usage by middle school and high school students is exploding even though sales are...
Anatomy of a PuffHuman Relations Media 600509
Using scientific facts and targeted humor, program alerts viewers to the variety of toxic,...