Kindness Counts: How to Make a Real Difference Series
Catalogue Number: 123000
Producer: Stature Films
Subject: Canadian Social Issues, Diversity, Guidance, Health and Medicine, Social Issues
Grade Level: PreK - 2, 3 - 5
Country Of Origin: Canada
Copyright Year: 2018
Closed Captions: Yes
In this new Canadian-produced video series, internationally renowned youth speaker Anthony McLean sits down with students in grades 1 through 4 to talk about the issues they face in their friendships and their classrooms everyday. Students weigh in on how they can show kindness to their peers to make school a fun and friendly place for everyone. This series also features a special performance of the original song, “StandUp, Reach Out, Tell Someone” by Anthony McLean, as well a sinterviews with experts and community leaders.
Series includes the following 6 programs, 6 - 10 minutes each on 2 DVDs.
- Competition: When competition crosses the line - Games should be fun for everyone, but when we get too competitive, games at recess can be hurtful, instead of fun. We need to make sure we’re not going too far.
- Loyalty: We can all choose our friends - “If you’re my friend, you can’t play with her!” Just because you’re friends with one person, doesn’t mean you can’t play with other kids, too. No one should tell you who you can and cannot be friends with.
- Teasing: Words are powerful - Words can be really hurtful. And saying “just kidding” doesn’t always make that hurt go away. We have to be careful with our words, and be quick to say sorry when we make mistakes.
- Feelings: It's okay to be mad - Anger is normal, but what should we do when we feel that way? We need to learn how to stop and cool down when we get mad. We also need to learn how to talk about our feelings.
- Ignore it!: Dealing with Mean People - What do you do if someone is bothering you? What’s the difference between telling and tattling? Anthony talks to kids about what is helpful in a friendship and what is hurtful.
- Bystanders: When to get involved - Using his original song “Stand Up, Reach Out, Tell Someone”, Anthony makes his message about bullying memorable for kids.
“When Anthony McLean speaks in an assembly of 2000 students, they are totally engaged in every word that he says.” — Principal - Father Bressani Catholic High School - YCDSB
"Anthony's workshops have had a significant impact on our school. He has a profound ability to connect with people and share strategies that help to create a safe environment for all. He was equally impactful while working with parents and members from our community. I would wholeheartedly welcome him back to our school anytime." - Greg Farrell - Principal - Sam Chapman Public School - YRDSB
"Anthony McLean would be an asset to any school community or any parent community. I would highly recommend him." - Krista Benedetti - Principal - Tiger Jeet Singh Elementary School - HCDSB
"This year Anthony presented to our students and the response from staff and students has been overwhelming. His bullying prevention message echoes the values of our Safe Schools team and helps students understand their role in creating a safe and inclusive learning environment. I would recommend him to any school looking for a dynamic, energetic and inspirational speaker." - Aldo Petrucci, Principal, Hunter’s Glen Public School, TDSB
Making School a Positive Place SeriesStature Films 123001
In this engaging Canadian-produced series, internationally renowned youth speaker Anthony McLean...
Bully Bystanders: You Can Make a DifferenceHuman Relations Media 600539
Most teens don't like to see their peers bullied but are not sure whether or how to respond. This...
What Does It Mean to Be a Good Friend?Human Relations Media 600553
This program, featuring real kid-on-the-street interviews, fun animation and typical scenarios of...
Frenemies: Unhealthy Friendships and What to Do about ThemHuman Relations Media 600610
What is a frenemy? How can you recognize a frenemy? How can a frenemy hurt you? Can you fix a...
WISE OWL: When Telling Isn't TattlingHuman Relations Media 600361
This engaging video or DVD combines animation and live-action segments to help young viewers...
Gossip, Drama and Social Media SeriesStature Films 123002
In this Canadian-produced series, internationally renowned youth speaker Anthony McLean sits down...