Gossip, Drama and Social Media Series
Catalogue Number: 123002
Producer: Stature Films
Subject: Canadian Social Issues, Character Education, Diversity, Guidance, Health and Medicine, Social Issues, Social Media
Grade Level: 9 - 12
Country Of Origin: Canada
Copyright Year: 2018
Closed Captions: Yes
In this Canadian-produced series, internationally renowned youth speaker Anthony McLean sits down with high school students to lead them in discussion about the issues they face in their relationships with friends and schoolmates everyday. The students get real and give their opinions on why gossiping is so easy, why preventing bullies is so hard, and what the true cost of popularity is. This series also features a special performance of an original song “Treat ‘Em Well” by Anthony McLean, as well as interviews with experts and community leaders.
Series includes the following 7 programs, 8 - 12 minutes each on 2 DVDs.
- Bullying - You don’t have to like everyone but you do have to respect everyone. Using his original song, “Treat ‘em Well”, Anthony speaks to high school students at their level in an engaging and memorable way.
- Conflict and Drama - Learning how to co-exist with people you disagree with is a major life skill. Gossip and drama can be exciting, but is that the right choice for the people involved, including you?
- The Bystanders - Bullying happens every day in school, which means a lot of students become bystanders. Bystanders often play the most important role in conflict. Always ask yourself this question, “what would I want people to do for me if I was in this situation?”
- Being Bullied - High school students discuss how bullying is even worse now tha tsocial media means kids can get nasty both online and in person.
- Gossip - Those who gossip with you will eventually gossip about you. When talking about everyone else’s drama affects your own friendships, is it worth it?
- Popularity and Friendship - It’s better to build genuine relationships than to chase after fake ones. Students lend their own wisdom on what a true friendship looks like, how to spot a toxic one and whether the cost of popularity is really worth it.
- Social Media - What you post today can linger forever. Will you use it to hurt or to help? Think before you click.
"He absolutely understands the pressures that teenagers are facing in high schools today. He's real and he's authentic and kids can see that." - Jennifer Meier, Vice Principal, St. Joseph High School
“When Anthony McLean speaks in an assembly of 2000 students, they are totally engaged in every word that he says.” — Principal - Father Bressani Catholic High School - YCDSB
"Anthony's workshops have had a significant impact on our school. He has a profound ability to connect with people and share strategies that help to create a safe environment for all. He was equally impactful while working with parents and members from our community. I would wholeheartedly welcome him back to our school anytime." - Greg Farrell - Principal - Sam Chapman Public School - YRDSB
"Anthony McLean would be an asset to any school community or any parent community. I would highly recommend him." - Krista Benedetti - Principal - Tiger Jeet Singh Elementary School - HCDSB
"This year Anthony presented to our students and the response from staff and students has been overwhelming. His bullying prevention message echoes the values of our Safe Schools team and helps students understand their role in creating a safe and inclusive learning environment. I would recommend him to any school looking for a dynamic, energetic and inspirational speaker." - Aldo Petrucci, Principal, Hunter’s Glen Public School, TDSB
Making School a Positive Place SeriesStature Films 123001
In this engaging Canadian-produced series, internationally renowned youth speaker Anthony McLean...
Kindness Counts: How to Make a Real Difference SeriesStature Films 123000
In this new Canadian-produced video series, internationally renowned youth speaker Anthony McLean...
How to End Unhealthy RelationshipsHuman Relations Media 600648
This program offers teens insight on how to honestly assess the health of relationships,...
DIGITAL SMARTS: Behaving Ethically OnlineHuman Relations Media 600607
Cyber ethics and respect for others online are critical skills to acquire for today's connected...
Bystander Intervention: Putting a Stop to BullyingHuman Relations Media 600672
Bystander intervention is a new and proven effective strategy to reduce incidents of bullying and...
Confessions of a BullyHuman Relations Media 600621
Many anti-bullying materials focus exclusively on the victims - but what about the bullies...
Reaching Out: How to Help a Friend in CrisisHuman Relations Media 600686
This video and student manual bring to life a 5-step action plan known as ALGEE developed by The...