Stock Market Basics
Catalogue Number: 200161
ISBN Number: 0-917159-58-6
Producer: Learning Seed
Subject: Business Studies
Grade Level: 9 - 12, Post Secondary
Country Of Origin: U.S.
Copyright Year: 2003
Running Time: 23
Closed Captions: Yes
Give your students the "So You Think You Understand Stocks" test.
They will quickly see they have a lot to learn. We found many teachers managed to answer only about half the questions correctly.
Stock Market Basics really is about the basics. This is not a program about puts and calls, options, short selling, and P/E ratios. Instead, the program explains:
- What is a stock?
- What's the difference between a stock and a bond?
- Why do companies issue stocks?
- Why do some companies pay part of their profits to shareholders as dividends and others hang on to the money?
- What is a portfolio?
- How to buy stocks-broker, do-it-yourself, mutual fund.
- Do shareholders really "own" the company?
- What is a ticker tape, how did it start, and how can you read it?
- When you buy a stock, where does the money go?
- What is stock split?
- Is the stock market a game to be "played?"
- What are risk and volatility?
- What is the "efficient market theory" that won a Nobel Prize?
- Is it true that a blindfolded monkey throwing darts could make money in stocks?
Basic Money Management: Road To RichesHuman Relations Media 600280
This upbeat program teaches the basic principles of money management and financial planning in an...
PROS & CONS OF CREDITHuman Relations Media 600279
This lively and entertaining video will help young students learn everything they need to know...
THE INVISIBLE HAND: ECONOMICS IN DAILY LIFELearning Seed 200159
Economics is a study of how we use opportunities, spend time, make choices, respond to incentives,...
Stock & Awe SeriesBusiness News Network BNN000
GICs, TFSAs, ETFs -- it may seem like a lot of jargon, but these acronyms can make the difference...