Holidays, Celebrations & Trips Afar! Volume 2: Miaomiao Series
Catalogue Number: LSD106
Producer: Lofty Sky Distribution
Subject: Character Education, Children's Stories, Early Childhood Education, Guidance, History, Holidays, Language Arts, Science, Social Studies
Grade Level: PreK - 2
Country Of Origin: Canada
Copyright Year: 2018
Running Time: 12 x 7:00
Closed Captions: Yes
Programs included in Volume 2 are:
- Chinese New Year Part I - As Miaomiao and Doudou prepare for Chinese New Year, their dumplings get stolen by the 'New Year (Nian) Monster'. To find the monster and get their dumplings back, they partner up with Coco, a shy white sheep. The trio learns to overcome their fears through the power of belief. Learn to say "dumpling" in Mandarin Chinese.
- Chinese New Year Part II - In part II of the Chinese New Year adventure, the trio muster up bravery to pass through mazes, ghosts, and other obstacles to reach the Monkey King, the one who knows the whereabouts of the 'New Year (Nian) Monster.' Learn to say "sheep" in Mandarin Chinese.
- Chinese New Year Part III - In part III of the Chinese New Year adventure, the trio meets the Monkey King who gives them a magical firecracker to defeat the 'New Year (Nian) Monster'. Learn to say "Happy New Year" in Mandarin Chinese.
- The Biggest Pumpkin - Miaomiao and Doudou are gearing up to enter in a pumpkin contest, but their plans are threatened when competitors Benben and Tantan get involved. Learn to say “pumpkin” in Mandarin Chinese.
- Haunted House - Miaomiao and the gang visit a haunted house for fun, but it turns out to be scarier than they expect. Learn to say "I'm scared" in Mandarin Chinese.
- The Christmas Gift - It's Christmas Eve, and the gang is busy getting ready for Santa's arrival – and presents! Everything seems perfect, until an unexpected guest arrives. Learn to say “give” in Mandarin Chinese.
- Beepbeep's Birthday - Miaomiao and the gang are planning a surprise birthday party for Beepbeep, but not everything goes according to plan. Learn to say “Happy Birthday” in Mandarin Chinese.
- A Trip to Mars - The astronauts, Miaomiao and Doudou, have been given an important mission to Mars. They encounter many obstacles along the way but remain determined to fulfill their task. Learn to say “accomplish” in Mandarin Chinese.
- Amusement Park - The gang enjoys a fun day at the amusement park! With the help of her friends, Miaomiao overcomes her fear and goes down the waterslide for the first time. Learn to say “play” in Mandarin Chinese.
- Leaning Tower of Pisa - Travel to Italy where Miaomiao and Doudou are painting the Leaning Tower of Pisa. Their works of art run into trouble when the tower starts swaying from side to side due to an unexpected visitor. Learn to say "painting" in Mandarin Chinese.
- North Pole - Miaomiao, Doudou and Benben’s trip to Hawaii gets side-tracked when Benben looses the map and the gang ends up heading north instead of south. Learn to say “It’s my fault” in Mandarin Chinese.
- Visiting Egypt - Miaomiao and Doudou are transported to ancient Egypt where they get captured by an overweight pharaoh named Benben. By teaching the pharaoh healthy eating habits, Miaomiao and Doudou are set free. Learn to say “pyramid” in Mandarin Chinese.
Nominated for a 2019 Canadian Screen Award under the ‘Best Cross-Platform Project—Children’s and Youth’
|LSD072||Haunted House: Miaomiao Series|
|LSD102||The Biggest Pumpkin: Miaomiao Series|
The Howdytoons Collection of SongsSound Venture SVP448
Rock’N’Rainbow is a Toronto based glam-rock band making music aimed at children ages 4 to 7...
Halloween PlaylistMcIntyre Media Inc. MCI709
Children love Halloween, but it's more than just going door-to-door collecting treats. Teach...
Pumpkin EyeSpoken Arts 530227
By Denise Fleming It's Halloween night! The rising moon lights the way for all those...
Mysterious Plants: The Mooh BrothersBreakthrough Entertainment BTE209
Dolly wants to have her pumpkin seeds planted, but the weather turns stormy. Barton and Dolly...
A Season of Celebrations PlaylistMCI770PL
Click on the titles below to view the programs included in this Playlist: Chinese New Year Moon...
Who's That Knocking on Christmas Eve?Spoken Arts 530185
In this Arctic story, a shy Finnmark girl fends off lurking trolls with help from a traveling boy...
The Wild Christmas ReindeerSpoken Arts 530030
Here's a marvelously original story in which Santa asks Teeka to catch and train his reindeer for...