The Howdytoons Collection of Songs
Catalogue Number: SVP448
Producer: Sound Venture
Subject: Arts, Children's Stories, Early Childhood Education, Health and Medicine, Holidays, Mathematics, Music, Science
Grade Level: PreK - 2, 3 - 5
Country Of Origin: Canada
Copyright Year: 2016
Running Time: 19 x 2:00
Rock’N’Rainbow is a Toronto based glam-rock band making music aimed at children ages 4 to 7. Energetic live action and quality animation will captivate viewers of the lively music videos in this collection of 19 short songs! Rock’n’Rainbow visionary Mike Whitla has been promoting the benefits of learning through music for over 15 years.
Songs included are:
- Baby Shark - The tempo of this pattern song speeds up with each verse as baby, mama and papa shark head out to find a meal. Fortunately, the crabs on the beach save themselves when they find safety in a hole on the ocean floor, and the song returns to a leisurely pace. (2:00)
- Elephants Have Wrinkles - Elephants have wrinkles everywhere, so sing along with this cumulative pattern song and exercise your memories! (2:10)
- Sleeping Bunnies - Kids can sway gently while the bunnies sleep, but when they are wakened it's time to hop, hop, hop! Adapted from the traditional tune, "Baa, Baa, Black Sheep, young musicians can compare the songs. (1:40)
- I'm A Crazy Witch - "I'm a Crazy Witch, stirring up my brew; what will you give me to put in my stew?" A great cumulative pattern song to get you in the mood for Halloween. (2:00)
- It's Hallowe'en! - Get ready for a scary time trick-or-treating with this spooky Halloween song by the Rock'n'Rainbow band. Artful animation shows what the characters see as they walk down the street and visit houses for Trick or Treat. (2:00)
- Five Senses - Your five senses help you interact with the world around you. Learn about them with this fun pattern song performed by an animated rock band. (2:40)
- The Freeze - Get your body movin' and groovin' with the funkiest freeze dance ever! Featuring Rock'n'Rainbow, a Toronto glam rock band lead an action packed 2.5 minutes ideal for a quick break in the classroom. (2:39)
- Hands Together, Hands Apart - It's time to get up on your feet and dance to the music of Canada's Rock'n'Rainbow band! Sung to the tune of "London Bridge is Falling Down", the band leads viewers in lots of action moves. (1:40)
- Zoom Zoom Zoom, We're going to the Moon - Come along with Rock'n'Rainbow on a trip to the moon! Practice counting down for blastoff, then go on into outer space.(1:50)
- Train is a Coming - This great sing-along train song is a variation based on a traditional African American song. As the train picks up speed, so does the tempo of the song, and when the train prepares to stop the tempo slows gradually. (2:00)
- Little Green Frog - Most frogs say "ribbit", but one day the little green frog said "mmm, mmm, aah!" and his pond mates imitated him. The song, to the tune of "The Old Grey Mare", claims that "we all know frogs go La-di-da-di-da". Really? What do you think?(1:20)
- Baa Baa Black Sheep - Sing along with three favorite songs, Baa Baa Black Sheep, Twinkle Twinkle, and the Alphabet Song; all are sung to the same tune and superimposed sequentially as the video progresses. Animation helps viewers focus on the lyrics featured in each repetition. (1:24)
- Riding My Scooter - Rock'n'Rainbow's Purple Stardust and friends ride their scooters in rhythmic harmony with his rock guitar scooter song "Faster Scooter Cat", encouraging an active lifestyle. (3:40)
- Roly Poly - As the animals ride their school bus, they see vehicles of all sorts, large and small, riding up and down hills. Some move quickly, and others move slowly. Sung to the well-known tune, "Frère Jacques". (2:10)
- Sticky Sticky Bubble Gum - Bubblegum is so sticky! If you get it on your fingers, or toes, they'll be stuck together - watch out! (1:40)
- I'm Dressing up for Halloween - Halloween is the spookiest night of the year. Five animated characters each choose very different costumes. (2:10)
- Walking in the Night - Halloween could be a scary time of year to go walking in the night! Bats and owls, lone wolf howls, and a witch's black cat might send you running back to your house. But you can pretend to be a ghost and scare the things you meet on your walk instead. (2:30)
- Everybody Farts - Everybody Farts! It's only natural, and this song and the animated diagrams explain what happens in our digestive system and why we all need to release the resulting gases. (1:30)
- Five Little Pumpkins - These pumpkins are ready for some spooky fun! A lively rhyming pattern song tells the story of their antics on Halloween night. (1:36)
The Witch and the Dragon (Episode 11): ManonSardine Productions SAR079
Tonight Manon and her friends are celebrating a traditional holiday: Halloween! Manon dresses up as...
Miaomiao SeriesLofty Sky Distribution LSD065
Much of the Chinese language is based on pictures, and much preschool learning is visual in nature...
The Mooh Brothers (Season Two)Breakthrough Entertainment BTE212
Welcome to the fascinating green pastures of The Mooh Brothers! Targeting your JK - Grade 2...
DinoPaws Series (51 Episodes)Kindle Entertainment Ltd., Guru Studio Ltd., & Laughing Gravy Media Ltd. GRS080
Dinopaws follows three bold, brave and sweet dinosaurs, Gwen, Bob and Tony, on their mighty...
Anansi and FriendsMorembi Entertainment Inc. MORE00
Safari land is the zoo where the animals know how to party! But not to worry, it's all supervised...
Halloween PlaylistMcIntyre Media Inc. MCI709PL
Children love Halloween, but it's more than just going door-to-door collecting treats. Teach...
Seasonal Safety Series: How to Be Safe Year-RoundMcIntyre Media Inc. MCI052
In this new 4-part series produced by McIntyre Media, students will learn how to keep safe during...