Straight Talk about Mental Health Playlist
Catalogue Number: MCI820
Subject: Family Studies/Home Economics, Guidance, Health, Social Issues, Social Media
Grade Level: 9 - 12, Post Secondary, Adult
Country Of Origin: Canada
Our Straight Talk Playlist aims to equip students with the ability to deal with adverse events through the teaching of ‘life skills’ within a supportive and safe school environment. This video and print curriculum is comprehensive and diverse. These programs have been designed to support positive mental health practices and well-being within school communities. This playlist will help set in motion the process for engaging students to foster positive growth and development.
Playlist includes the following twelve programs:
- 17 and Life Doesn’t Wait
- Handling Bullies When You’re LGBTQ
- Constantly Connected: Managing Social Media Addiction
- High Anxiety: Causes, Symptoms, Help
- Straight Talk about Sexual Harassment
- In their Own Words
- Reaching Out: A Suicide Prevention Workshop
- Rising Above
- Overloaded: Ten Ways to Deal with Stress
- Mind/Body Connection: How Your Emotions Affect Your Health
- Controlling Your Anger Before It Controls You
- Combating Social Isolation and Loneliness
Elder Abuse Awareness PlaylistCTV MCI730PL
This Canadian collection of programs uncovers the horrifying abuse that takes place to our most...
Human Rights and Ethics PlaylistMCI737
We all have rights and obligations to one another. This playlist helps us come to understand the...
The Opioid Crisis PlaylistMCI812
16 - Average number of opioid poisonings resulting in hospitalization each day in Canada 53% -...
The Indiecan Entertainment PlaylistIndiecan Entertainment Inc. MCI739
Avi Federgreen is one of Canada's top independent filmmakers and distributors. In partnership with...